Trading Post Covid-19 Updated: April 7th 2022
To our loyal customers, friends, and fellow community members:
We consider you to be our extended family, so we would like you to know that we share your concern about the COVID-19 virus that is affecting our lives. The safety and health of our guests and staff is extremely important and something we take very seriously.
Are we open?
We are OPEN for paddling AND camping!
We will be working at our normal capacities. Effective April 6, 2021, Governor Holcomb lifted Indiana’s mask mandate and replaced it with a mask advisory. We will continue to monitor guidelines and make changes and updates as necessary. We will keep this page updated, so please check back frequently for changes.
Our business is rooted in enjoying the outdoors and nature. And it is proven that fresh air, sunlight and nature can help keep us healthy. We encourage all of you to GET OUTSIDE during this time: take a walk, play a game, ride bikes, go on a hike, etc. There are so many things you can do to stay active and get outdoors while also following the safety guidelines for social distancing and flattening the curve.
We hope you’ll rest assured that our standard procedures have long featured vigilant adherence to best practices for sanitation and disinfection of communal surfaces. Since we believe this virus will be around for a while, we will be practicing some extra precautions and modified procedures that could affect your check-in process and stay with us. Take confidence in knowing our team will be working extra hard to ensure we meet or exceed CDC guidelines.
A few things that will be different:
* Reservations are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
* You and your party will need to fill out your waivers online.
* It is imperative that you arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your trip for the check-in process.
(We cannot guarantee your trip if you miss the bus.)
* Masks are not required, but it is our priority to keep our staff, customers, family and community safe. If you prefer a staff member wears a mask, please ask and we will accommodate.
* Please be patient with us, as our enhanced processes will take more time.
* Please adhere to social distancing and CDC guidelines.
In accordance with the CDC and local Health Departments, we have implemented the following procedures:
*Boats will be cleaned, rinsed and disinfected at the end of each day.
*Paddles will be cleaned, rinsed and disinfected at the end of each day.
*PFD’s will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each day.
*Buses will be sprayed with disinfectant after each trip.
*The store and bathhouse surfaces will be sprayed with disinfectant frequently.
*Hand sanitizer stations are placed in the store and bathhouse for customer use.
*Picnic tables, port-a-johns and the hand washing station near the office will be sprayed periodically with disinfectant.
And, per our enhanced screening protocols, we may (at our discretion) decline service to a guest and/or remove a staff member from the schedule under the following circumstances:
- If a guest or staff member has or will be traveling through an area identified by the CDC as warning level 3 in the 14 days prior to arrival at our business.
- If a guest or staff member has been in close contact (within approximately 6 feet for any sustained period of time) with a person known to have COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to arrival.
- If a guest or staff member develops flu-like symptoms (a fever, cough, and shortness of breath) during the 14 days prior to arrival.
Of course, most of these measures require self-identification and we appreciate your total honesty and cooperation as it relates to this situation. We will continue to update our protocols as the situation evolves and as more information becomes available.
We continue to be in touch with federal, state, and local agencies and are monitoring the following resources to help inform our decision-making:
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Lagrange County Health Department
Thank you for your support!
COVID-19 is an emerging issue and unlike anything most of us have seen in our lifetimes. We will continue to monitor the situation and take proactive steps in support of the national effort to slow the spread of this disease and to reduce the risk of significant impacts to our customers, our staff and our communities. We’re all in this together. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and support as we navigate uncharted waters. Be safe out there… and wash your hands!